500g of dates (1 package)
2 cups of orange juice
1.5 cups of butter or margarine
1.5 cups of brown sugar
1 cup of almond meal or almond flour
2 cups of quinoa flakes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Put the dates in a saucepan with the orange juice over medium heat and cook dates until they start to soften and come apart.
3. In a bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar then mix in the almond meal/flour, then fold in the quinoa flakes.
4. Spread half the mixture into a 9' diameter square pan, then spread the date mixture, and then the remaining mixture on top.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
6. Let cool 1-2 hours before serving.
You can also make quinoa oat date squares by substituting 1 cup of gluten-free oatmeal for 1 cup of quinoa flakes!